- The school year is coming to an end. This means a lot of report writing, tying up loose ends, meetings and organizing/cleaning my classroom. I have 3 full days + 3 half days left. It goes by so quickly.
- On Memorial Day, I got a sunburn which has now apparently turned into sun poisoning. It's not that comfortable. It's actually a bit miserable.
- Since the end of school year and sunburns go along with SUMMER it's time to start thinking about plans and goals since I have the entire summer off. (I can't even contain my excitement). A post about this will be up in the next few days.
- The kittens are getting along... some days more than others. But they're lovable!
- Sean made a major healthy change in his life during the month of May. I couldn't be more proud. A post about this will be up in the next few days.
- Tomorrow's the last day of our May pledge. I can't believe we made it.
- I also can't believe that I did so well with the Blog Every Day in May Challenge. I never missed a day! So let's do today's...
Today's challenge: React to this term -- letting go.
Honestly, I don't do well with letting go. It's something I'm trying to work on. I tend to bank things in my mind for later. I forgive people for disappointments, or come to terms with something going wrong -- but just enough to continue on. I'd love to say that I forgive and forget. But I don't.
I don't think it's really possible to completely let go of everything. You have to feel pain to know what comfort is. You have to feel hate to know what compassion is. And it's easier to deal with the negative things life throws your way if you keep your past experiences close to your head and your heart so you don't fall victim again.
To let go of yourself -- is to really put yourself in a place that can be uncomfortable. I don't like to leave anything to chance. But that's why I surround myself with people who I love, and trust and know they feel the same about me. It would be silly to do anything else. Right?