The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers. It helps gain exposure, connect with the community -- and the actual word Liebster is a German word meaning sweetest. Cute, right?
There are some rules for accepting this award:
- Answer the questions the nominator sets for you, then make-up 11 questions for the people you've tagged to answer.
- Choose up to 11 people to tag, who have less than 200 followers (I looked at Bloglovin' numbers), and link them to your post.
- Be sure to tell them you've nominated them.
Here are my answers to the questions I was given:
1. What was the first blog you ever read?
A Charmed Wife. She no longer blogs -- at least not under that blog name. I loved everything about that blog and it was my first introduction to the world of blogging. It's also the first time I realized you could write about yourself -- on the internet, and it didn't have to be with LiveJournal.
2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I'm not actually sure. I think I need to travel more to discover more places. Of the places I've visited, Puerto Rico is high on my list of places to eventually live.
3. Favorite book?
It's sort of a tie. Some books I read because I had to (but ended up enjoying them) and some I just read because I wanted to. For personal reading pleasure -- I love The perks of being a wallflower. For a book I had to read but loved regardless -- The Great Gatsby. And for a book I loved when I was younger so it's now my favorite to read to the children in my classroom -- The Giving Tree
4. If you could meet one famous person, who would it be?
I'm on a Taylor Swift kick since her concert last weekend -- so right now I'd say her. But the adult part of me would choose someone more like Barack Obama.
5. What is your favorite holiday?
Sean and I were just talking about how excited we are for Christmas. It's not receiving gifts that's so great. I just thoroughly enjoy the whole month of December -- the entire build up of the holiday; from getting the tree, decorating it, drinking hot chocolate, watching movies, looking at holiday lights, spending time with family, etc. It's so great.
6. What is your favorite quote?
I've lived in various cities and towns in Massachusetts most of my life; all being about 40 minutes outside of Boston. I lived in Southern California for a brief time during high school.
8. What is the last movie you watched?
We don't have a TV in our bedroom, so every night we watch movies on our tablet until we fall asleep. The last movie I saw was Superbad, it's sort of a regular pick around here. The last movie I saw in the theater though was The Heat.
9. What is your favorite pastime?
I love thinking back to the beginning of my relationship with Sean
10. Do you set new years resolutions?
Sometimes I do; sometimes I don't. This year I don't think I did and if I did I haven't been achieving them.
11. What is your favorite childhood memory?
I have a lot of memories of being little -- Sunday mornings waiting for Dunkin Donuts from my dad, weekday nights going to the mall with my mom, summer vacations in the Cape with family -- I don't think I can choose a favorite. They were all pretty great.
Nominate up to 11 bloggers:
Laura, Little Moments, Big Moments; Chelsey, Things to be Stroud of; Brett, Handpicked Notions; Courtney, Courtney Em; Sarah, Sweet Happenings; Elizabeth, Undeniably, Me; Eliz, Tiny bits of Nonsense; Rachel, Well Worn Soles.
My questions for these bloggers:
1. First blog you ever read?
2. Favorite TV show and why?
3. Morning person or night owl?
4. Favorite place to travel?
5. Dog person or cat person or no pets, thanks?
6. DIYer or buy it ready to go?
7. Favorite restaurant?
8. Favorite childhood memory?
9. Dream job?
10. Your go-to clothing store?
11. Blog crush?
Thanks again Amanda from Happily Ever After!